It’s a great way to get your name in front of a community of women working in the field of business.
I’ve created a system to help guide you through the process.
A word about my audience:
My audience consists of readers who are entrepreneurs, women in business, women thinking about going into business, working mothers, “mom-prenuers”, women professionals, and women who are interested in being motivated and inspired.
Your guest post simply needs to help our core audience (women in business) in some way.
Guest Blogging Requirements for Staci J Dempsey:
- The article should be full of practical, credible advice or tips that women can easily implement within their business; or should be inspiring/motivating and aimed at helping our community become more personally effective within their business. The body of the article should not be about marketing your product or service.
- Short author bio including a maximum of 1 anchor text link to your own website. Remember, Google frowns upon guest blogging as a link building technique.
- Proper attribution of data, quotations, and other third-party content referenced in the article.
- Links back to your own blog or site should be modest and fit the content of your post. If you include too many links, chances are low it will be published. Make sure any links in your post are relevant valid and from trusted sources. Links deemed to be irrelevant to the main idea of your post will be removed without notice. Likewise, any non-working links will be removed without notice. My readers WILL pick this up as a subliminal advertisement and simply not like your post. They won’t share it.
- Article that reflects the writing style/tone
- Do not include screenshots that brand your own product or online properties. This is to avoid any sense of promotion.
- The article should be positive – we will never say anything negative about women in business – we are here to support them in a friendly and positive way!
- You will need to include an author bio at the end with information about you, your business and all of your social media / web links. Also make sure you have an email address attached to a photo at Gravatar (this will ensure your picture is alongside your bio box) and also helps with people commenting on your article.
- Articles should be 700-1500 (850 is perfect) words in length, although articles can be longer if the post is very valuable.
- Articles must be exclusive to StaciJDempsey.com i.e. they should not be posted elsewhere first, or on your own blog. (we all know how Google hates duplicate content)
- Final editorial control rests with me and it’s likely I may edit your article and/or headline. I may also reject it, if it’s not appropriate or if it’s too focused on marketing as opposed to being useful information.
- I don’t accept posts from sites just wanting inbound links.
- I cannot allow you to republish your guest post to your own blog afterward (it’s that whole duplicate content thing again). But I encourage you to share it like crazy!!!
Also, I don’t like re-hashing the same concepts and ideas over and over again. I’m looking for new ideas, strategies and techniques our readers can use today.
My Favorite Type of Content:
You’ll move to the top of my list if you can authoritatively write on the following topics:
How to start a business (for women)
Empowerment of Women
How To Guides
Women in Business
Women in development
Small Business Ideas for Women
Interviews with Successful Women
Business Finance (ie. How to Read a Financial Statement)
Any big guides on things that have been discussed 50,000+ times on the web won’t get our attention. I want to give MY readers valuable, actionable data and information that they can use right away.
Due to the volume of requests we receive, we may not respond to all submissions.
If you are successful, or we wish to see a revised version of an idea, we will contact you within 10 days of receiving your email.