Last year I was at a conference in Texas, where I spent 2 days focusing on personal development. It was an intense 2 days that involved a lot of writing. One of the exercises that the leader had us do was write 10 things about ourselves that were “cool.”
I struggled for a few minutes, because, well…I don’t really sit and think of all the “cool” things about myself. What did I think was even considered “cool” or interesting about myself?
So before I share with you my fun facts, I want you to write down what are 10 facts about yourself that you think are really awesome. If you’re having a hard time starting your list, consider what your best friends, sister, brother, or aunt might say about you. Share with me! I want to know how amazingly cool and awesome my readers are. I bet you’ll find that we have fun stuff in common. Maybe, one of your cool facts will inspire someone else to try something new. You just never know. Remember, share with me below!!
- I am obsessed with the color orange.
*When I was a little girl, I thought I was the only person in the history of the world, who knew that orange is a color, a fruit and a flavor.
- I love telling stories.
*I get this from my Dad. Growing up he would always tell me and my sibling’s stories, and we would hold onto every word. We eventually found out that some were made up and some were true. But they were all awesome.
- I got my left ear from my mother, and my right ear from my father.
* It’s true. I have 1 ear bigger than the other. My right ear is long and it sticks out further than my left one. My left ear is cute, just the right shape for my head.
- I can wiggle my ears.
*Wiggling my ears what legit my talent when I was a kid. When family would come to visit, my parents would ask me to wiggle my ears. It always made people laugh when I did it, so I didn’t mind it.
- I played on an all boys soccer team, because there wasn’t a girl’s team available.
* It was indoor soccer. Indoor soccer that took place in a gymnasium, at a middle school. I was bigger than most the boys, but I was also better than them too 🙂
- I am a loyal friend.
*When I love you, like I love you 100%. It takes a lot for me to not be your friend. My Mom would say loyal to a fault. But I love hard, and I don’t know how to love any other way.
- I laugh out loud, and I laugh loudly.
* My laugh is probably a bit obnoxious, but I just have to get it out! Laughing is fun to me. It represents a good time.
- I know how to make a plan, execute and not deviate from the strategy.
* I like a plan. What can I say, I am my father’s daughter. I like to think things through. And if I don’t have to, then I don’t change it. I see it to completion.
- I am a good impersonator.
*Let’s not get crazy, I don’t impersonate celebrities, I only mimic people I know; mostly when I’m telling a story. And sometimes, I crack myself up telling the story; which means I end up laughing..out loud.
- I created a monologue contest at my high school that they still use today.
* In high school, my favorite subject was Shakespeare. I love the stories; love the language; love watching plays. I love everything about it. I had to perform a monologue for part of my end of year grade. I was Cleopatra in Antony & Cleopatra. ( I can even remember some of the monologue today). I loved performing monologues, so I created a contest for the local middle school students. They would write their own monologues, and my classmates would perform them for the students. It was a big hit!